4 minutes, 17 seconds
16 January 2020
Milliken & Company Celebrates Associates with the 2019 Milliken Honors
Global internal recognition program awards more than 80 associates for excellence
SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Milliken & Company, a diversified global manufacturer with more than a century and a half of materials science expertise, distinguished more than 80 associates during its 2019 Milliken Honors reception on January 15. Company leadership gathered at the Spartanburg Marriott near the company’s global headquarters to present annual awards for upholding the company’s foundational values, from sustainability and safety to ethics in business. Associates recognized were nominated by their peers and represent a cross-section of the company’s spectrum of disciplines, locations and job functions throughout its global operations.
“Milliken Honors highlights the very best of Milliken—the everyday champions who live our company values as we work to make a positive impact on the world,” said Halsey Cook, president and CEO of Milliken & Company.
“Milliken is taking on big challenges,” continued Cook. “Together, our associates have embraced this pursuit and are propelling our company and our innovative solutions forward.”
Milliken is pleased to announce the 2019 Milliken Honors associate and team winners:
- The Safety Award recognizes those who best represent the Milliken safety culture through their actions and results.
Johnston Plant Training Department: Sarah Cannon, McKinley Harrison, Billy Heflin, Brittany Kenley, Jeffrey Moore, Richard Rodgers (Milliken’s Johnston plant)
- The Business Operations Award recognizes those who best represent excellence in business operations.
Northmead Operations Team: Glen D’Cruze, Allan Grant, Zulfiqar Khan, Dave McNaughton (Milliken’s Northmead plant)
- The Manufacturing Operations Award recognizes those who deliver outstanding manufacturing results.
Fantastic Five: Clif Ashley, Michael Holt, Dwight Stevenson (Milliken’s Dewey plant), Corey Smith, Joel Wilson (Milliken’s Allen plant)
- The Strategic Challenge Award recognizes those who overcame a significant challenge, complexity or adversity to enrich the company.
Solution Sales Team: Walter Forrister, Aaron Griffin, Alicia Harmon, Katie Kellogg, Chris Kochanowicz, Deidre Sandrock, Dave Schoenmann, Bernard Vermeersch, Corey Williams (Roger Milliken Center)
- One-Year Business Performance Awards recognize individuals and business teams who meet specific pre-determined financial criteria.
Matt Cooper, Jeff Morris (Roger Milliken Center), Tom Davenport (Milliken’s Valway plant), Asia Floor Covering Team
- Multi-Year Business Performance Awards recognize individuals and business teams who meet specific pre-determined financial criteria.
Allen Jacoby, Jeff Morris, Russ Rudolph (Roger Milliken Center), Wim van De Velde (Ghent), Zhaolin Zhou (Singapore)
- The Customer Award recognizes those who significantly exceed expectations because of their close connection to their external customer.
Mary Lou McInerney (Roger Milliken Center)
- The Innovation Award recognizes those who best represent innovation within product, service or process development.
DIS Modular Skid System Team: Chris Baucom, John Cusack, Vivian Ferro, Martin Raab, Paul Sweeney, Clif Thivierge, Michael Zeunik (Milliken’s Sivance plant)
- The Marketing Award recognizes those who identified a rare opportunity to tie Milliken’s competitive advantages to a rising major market trend, driving sales as a result.
Floor Covering Health & Wellness Marketing Team: Michael Eckert, Dale Kitchen, Robert MacMeccan, Kumar Puthillath (Roger Milliken Center), Philip Ivey (Milliken’s Live Oak plant)
- The Hero Award recognizes those whose selfless, heroic and responsive behavior or decision making led to an exceptional outcome in one of Milliken’s manufacturing or business environments.
Shawn Smith (Roger Milliken Center)
- The Diversity & Inclusion Award recognizes those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to these principles and actively promotes them within the workplace.
Lakessa Wright (Roger Milliken Center)
- The Sustainability Award recognizes those who, by show of action, leadership and results, have worked to preserve the value of sustainability.
Robert Rhodes (Milliken’s Keystone plant)
- The Citizenship Award recognizes those who best exemplify the belief that our success as a company and the success of the places where we live and work are inseparable.
Sherwin “SL” Ford (Milliken’s Magnolia plant)
- The Ethics Award recognizes those who best represent our commitment to ethical behavior through demonstrated actions.
Compliance Federation: Ken Brown, Katherine Corbin, Sophia Dopher, Natalie Dunham, Beth Gardner, Tom Gilkeson, Sally Grumbos, Robert Guest, Elaine Hare-Sturm, Ricaye Harris, Jessica Hatchell, David Heichemer, Drew Horton, Kasel Knight, Rowan Langford, Robert Lanning, Maurie Lawrence, Paul Pruitt, Randy Richeson, Ottilia Scanlon, Sueli Silva, Savanah Sitton, Lee Slusher, Jeff Strahan, Troy Tessier, JP Tyson, Chip Ward, Charles Young (Roger Milliken Center), Andrew Cotton (Milliken’s Beech Hill plant), Philip Ivey (Milliken’s Live Oak plant), Yoyo Zhang (Shanghai)
- The Leadership Award recognizes those who consistently demonstrate the company’s leadership expectations and are viewed as role models.
Jaclyn Deter (Roger Milliken Center)
- The Futurist Award recognizes those who demonstrate a long-term, futurist mindset in their work.
Ramesh Kesh (Milliken’s Valway plant)
- The Legacy Award recognizes those who have created lasting change and measurable differences within the company over an extended period of time.
David Inman (Milliken’s Johnston plant)
About Milliken & Company
Milliken has been solving everyday problems with innovative solutions for more than 150 years. Our research, design and manufacturing expertise reaches across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemicals, floor covering, healthcare and performance and protective textiles. An unwavering commitment to ethics guides our work to redefine how we add strength and protection to products, how we infuse vibrancy and color into our surroundings, and how we care for the environment. For us, success is when discoveries made within Milliken help us all have more meaningful connections with the world. Discover Milliken at www.milliken.com, and join us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.